26 December 2021

The Exorcist

 On December 26th, 1973, The Exorcist premiered in US theaters.

Iconic

Written and based on the book by William Peter Blatty and directed by William Friedkin

Starring Ellen Burstyn, Linda Blair, Max von Sydow and Jason Miller. 

Special effects by Dick Smith.

Ellen Burstyn and Linda Blair on set

Featuring the Oscar winning star of film, stage, TV and radio, Mercedes McCambridge as the voice of Pazuzu. 

Mercedes McCambridge

Set puppet

A fun place to go if you’re ever in Georgetown is the location of the concrete stairs prominently featured in the film. 

I’m not sure how to get there because I went after a Violent Femmes show in ‘99 at the university and I was totally off the hook at the time. It’s definitely a surreal experience and I would recommend going at night. It’s been a bit of time since I’ve been there but as far as dwindling shooting locations go, this would be a tough one to get rid of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment